Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Now is a perfect time to invest in property. The Coosawattee River Resort is offering mountain lots spectacular mountain and river views. The time is now to grab your piece of nature!
Lots range in size from .10 of an acre for deeded campground lots exclusively for campers, RVs and travel trailers as well as .5 acres to 1.5 acres for residential lots in various scenic locations around the resort including a limited number of river front lots and several with mountain views.
The Georgia mountain resort is located in Gilmer County just over 75 miles north of Atlanta in the Blue Ridge Mountains and at the foothills of the legendary Appalachian Mountain Range. The resort is a 5,500 + acre development consisting of more than 7,000 individual, privately owned lots divided by twelve miles of the beautiful Coosawattee River. The Coosawattee is formed where the Ellijay and Cartecay river meet and then travels for six or seven miles where it becomes Carter's Lake, a gorgeous recreational lake formed by the Corps of Engineers.
The resort is expansive with approximately 300 miles of roads, six river parks, The Water Tower Conference Center, The Recreation Center, and The Villas at Coosawattee. Just outside the Eagle Mountain gates, The General Store features a full deli as well as tubing, kayaking, and Pickin' on the Porch during the warm seasons.
Included with lot purchases are resort amenities ranging from The Recreation Center with its year-round heated indoor pool, sunning decks, fitness facility, miniature golf, game room, snack bar, year-round swimming, tennis courts, and more to the six river parks with a fully stocked fishing pond, camp sites, horseshoe pits, basketball courts, playgrounds, and more. A Teen Center is a family favorite with an outdoor swimming pool, snacks & games, picnic tables, and the Indian Fishtrap Suspension Bridge. A dog park is available in the resort as well as Wi-Fi Hot Spots and The Coosawattee Library.
Take some time and come visit for the day to see the amazing features of this resort. You can be on your way to own a piece of land that can be your sanctuary in nature or place to build your dreams into the future. Here are a few of some of the properties for sale:
1. Eagle Mountain 448 on Joilet Drive. On high side of the road and will probably have a mountain view. CRRA Lot Designation – EML-448; Tax Parcel ID – 3038B 014; 2011 Appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $3,000; Street Address – Joliet Drive (no 911 yet). Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor is 0.54 acres.
2. Beaver Bend “E” Debbie Court. Across from the River on the high side of the road with homes nearby. CRRA Lot Designation – BB-E; Tax Parcel ID – 3067AB 005; 2011 Appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $6,000; Street Address – Bandy Court (no 911 yet) fronts Debbie Court too. Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – unlisted but the plat indicates 0.46 acres.
3. Beaver Lakes 712 Riverview. Sloping lot with probable view on paved road with view of neighboring lot. CRRA Lot Designation – BLL-712; Tax Parcel ID – 3067M 027; 2011 Appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $6,000; Street Address – Riverview Drive (no 911 yet). Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – unknown without a survey.
4. BB 292 is located on Zenith (paved) and Camber. Gentle slope and probable seasonal view. Excellent building lot with homes nearby. CRRA Lot Designation – BBL-292; Tax Parcel ID – 3067U 032; 2011; appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $6,000; Street Address – Zenith Trail (no 911 yet). Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – unlisted but the plat indicates 0.38 acres.
5. Beaver Forest Lot 23 on Vista Chalet (low side of road). Has seasonal and probable year round view and close enough to hear the river. Homes nearby. CRRA Lot Designation – BFL-23; Tax Parcel ID – 3053B 022; 2011 Appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $6,000; Street Address –Vista Chalet Drive (no 911 yet). Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – unknown without survey.
6. Eagle Mountain Lot 1230 on Fugue (high side of the road). Possible seasonal view. Nice lot needing some excavation for driveway. CRRA Lot Designation – EML-1230; Tax Parcel ID – 3052B 011; 2011 Appraisal by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – $6,000; Street Address – Fugue Drive (no 911 yet). Acreage as listed by Gilmer County Tax Assessor – unlisted but the plat indicates .053 acres.
For more information about lots available for purchase, please contact Susan Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
TUBING and KAYAKING: Located just outside Coosawattee River Resorts’ Eagle Mountain Gate, the Coosawattee River Tubing Company offers tubing and kayaking. With just a short drive to the North Georgia Mountains , a fun-filled 2-1/2 hour tube float down the Coosawattee River is all yours. Tubing down the river is simply delightful, and The Coosawattee River Tubing Company furnishes the tube, life vest, and shuttle service to-and-from the river for admission price. Also, if kayaking is more your speed, kayaks are available for rent. Tubing and kayaking are available on weekends until Memorial weekend when tubing starts running 7 days a week for the summer season. Tubing and kayaking reservations are strongly recommended.
PICKIN’ ON THE PORCH: Want to catch a concert by stepping back in time to slower days of where friends gather at the old general mountain store? Well, we have just the place. The General Store at Eagle Mountain features "Pickin' on the Porch" on the 2nd and 4th Saturday night of each month starting May 19th. With a variety of local entertainment and music from Gospel to Bluegrass to Old-Time Rock 'n' Roll, you’ll be toe-tapping while enjoying the mountain scenery surrounding you. Bring your own lawn chair, pull up your seat next to the bon-fire, and roast some marshmallows while enjoying the entertainment and mountain ambiance! Concerts are held weather permitting.
SWIMMING, RESORT RECREATION, and RIVER PARKS : Splashing in the pool under the sunshine and tucked in the Blue Ridge Mountains is quite the summertime treat. How about cooking up some burgers and dogs next to the tranquil and peaceful river? Perhaps fishing at the pond while enjoying a picnic in the sweet sunshine. With six river parks is equipped with picnic tables, charcoal grills, fire-rings / pits, fishing, playgrounds, and pavilions, the Coosawattee River has all of that and more. The resort not only has cabin and villa accommodations in majestic locations around the resort but also some amazing resort amenities.
Whether you need to entertain the kids, relax and rejuvenate yourself, or reconnect with nature, the resort has something for everyone. The kids will have a blast at The Riverside Pool , complete with arcade games, snack bar, Suspension Bridge leading to an expansive park with play areas. If you want to relax and rejuvenate, visit the Recreation Center for a heated indoor pool, a fitness center, tennis, and miniature golf. And reconnecting with nature has never been easier with fishing ponds, walking trails, picnic & cook-out facilities, and peaceful parks throughout the property. The Riverside Pool opens May 19th and Pool II opens Memorial Weekend.
CABINS IN THE MOUNTAINS: Now, a little more about the accommodations in majestic locations- the Villas at Coosawattee River Resort offers cabins, villas, and A-frames throughout the Appalachian Mountains and in some of the most breath-taking spots around the Coosawattee River Resort. The units vary from one to three bedroom but one aspect that every unit shares is comfort. Check out the different options such as fireplaces, hot tubs, and lofts for an accommodation that is perfect for your entourage. This resort overflows with amenities, river parks, and activity with large rentals … and get this… ALL AT HOTEL PRICES! Yes, for the cost of a reasonably priced hotel room, you can stay at a resort and take advantage of the extensive facilities
With so many vast and varied activities in such a beautiful location, the North Georgia Mountains is THE place to head for Memorial Day and all summer long. To find The Coosawattee River Resort and The Villas at Cooswattee, travel approximately 75 miles north of Atlanta or 70 miles south of Chattanooga off of Highway 515 in Ellijay. Turn onto Old State Route 5 and then take a right towards Historic Downtown Ellijay. Travel for approximately 4 miles and take a left onto GA Hwy 382 / Green’s Country Store. Travel up the hill for .6 miles and take a right into the main entrance of The Coosawattee River Resort. Check in for The Villas is located at The POA office, which is approximately a half mile from the gate on the right. For more information about The Villas, call (706) 276-1075 or visit http://www.thevillasatcoosawattee.com